Top 10 Universities For Business Majors
If you are wondering whether it is a good idea to consider a business career, here is something to think about. The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects a growth rate of 23% for financial analysts, 21% for human resource specialists, and 16% for accountants and auditors by the year 2020. Business related jobs are on an uptick and now is a good time to opt for a business major. Here are some of the top ten universities (as ranked by QS Top Universities) for you to consider.
1) Harvard University – Harvard was established in 1636 and is the oldest educational institutions in the United States. It is highly regarded in terms of academic pedigree and reputation not just in the US, but across the world. Harvard is ranked very high in the world of accounting and finance, and is one of the best colleges to get into for a great career in business fields.
2) Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) – MIT consistently features among the top colleges for business and management. It gets excellent points both in terms of academic reputation as well as employer reviews.
3) University of Pennsylvania – Penn has its business school – the Wharton School – which is the oldest business school in the United States. It scores very high in the productivity of its alumni and impact of the works published by its scholars.
4) Stanford University – Stanford University is notoriously difficult to get into, but it is located in the ideal place – the heart of Silicon Valley in California. Stanford has produced many successful entrepreneurs and business leaders. A great choice for any aspiring business major.
5) University of California, Berkley – UCB’s Haas School of Business has a mission to develop leaders who can redefine the way we do business. True enough, two of its faculty have won the Nobel Prize in Economics. This is a great university to consider if you want to learn from the best in the world.
6) Northwestern University – The Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University is a global leader in terms of management education. It is also highly renowned for its thought leadership. Graduates are typically said to receive excellent job offers within 3 months of graduating.
7) University of California, Los Angeles – UCLA has a graduate business school called Anderson School of Management. It was founded in the year 1935 and aims to transform management thinking and prepare future leaders. It ranks high in terms of diversity of recruiters and quality of faculty.
8) New York University – NYU’s Stern School of Business teaches at the both graduate and undergraduate level. It has many eminent members as faculty. Stern has Nobel Prize winners among its faculty and has a highly selective admission process.
9) University of Chicago – University of Chicago offers business majors through its Booth School of Business. It started the first executive MBA program in the United States. Apart from its campus in the US, Booth has campuses in Asia and Europe as well.
10) Columbia University – Columbia University is located in Manhattan. This location at the business hub of the US makes it ideally suited for excellent access to business leaders from many industries as well as placement opportunities.